MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- County Executive Robert P. Astorino announced today that the 18th Annual Asian-American Heritage Festival – the first in the annual series of cultural heritage festivals in county parks – will be on Saturday, May 30, from noon to 6 p.m., at Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla.
“The various cultural heritage festivals are among the most anticipated and popular summertime events in Westchester,” said Astorino. “Thousands of residents and visitors get the opportunity to travel the world without leaving Westchester by attending these colorful and festive celebrations held in our county parks.”
Festivities planned for the festival include live music and dance performances; Asian art; custom cuisine; and more. There will also be children's activities like Origami, balloon sculpting and face painting. The festival will be held rain or shine.
Seating is informal; bring blankets or folding chairs for seating on the lawn. Admission and parking are free.
The other heritage festivals in the series are as follows:
- Albanian, May 31, noon to 7 p.m., Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla
- African-American, June 28, noon to 7 p.m., Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla
- Irish-American, June 28, noon to 6 p.m., Ridge Road Park, Hartsdale
- Polish, July 12, noon to 6 p.m., Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla
- Hispanic, July 19, noon to 7 p.m., Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla
- Italian, July 26, noon to 7 p.m., Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla
- Heritage of India, August 2, 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla
- Jewish, August 16, noon to 6 p.m., Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla
All festivals are sponsored by Westchester County Parks. Kensico Dam Plaza is at the north end of the Bronx River Parkway in Valhalla.
Festival-goers are advised that on May 31 and June 28, the Bronx River Parkway will be closed for Bicycle Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. between Scarsdale Road in Yonkers and the Westchester County Center in White Plains. An alternative route to Kensico is via Route 22, from which the park is easily accessible either northbound or southbound in North White Plains.
For more information and directions to the parks, call (914) 864-PARK or go to parks.westchestergov.com .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.