MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Italian culure will be celebrated at Kensico Dam Plaza on Sunday, July 27, from noon until 7 p.m.
Kensico Dam Plaza is at 1 Bronx River Parkway, Valhalla.
Enjoy the culture, music and food of Italy at the Italian Heritage Celebration. The event is part of a series of cultural heritage festivals held in the parks on weekends during the summer.
Enjoy live music provided by accordionist Dominic Karcic and his band Continental Sound Entertainment, along with tenor Bruce Reed and soprano Alexandra Tartaglia performing memorable Italian songs and Broadway tunes.
Additional entertainment includes Simona Rodano, “The Italian Fairy,” and Sempreverde, the bilingual musical with actors, jugglers, singers and dancers.
Vendors will offer arts and crafts, jewelry, clothing, ceramics, souvenirs and more. Food purveyors will offer a selection of mouth-watering Italian dishes.
Westchester Community College Professor Carlo Sclafani will have Italian cultural history exhibits on display and there will be games and activities for kids.
Admission and parking are free. The event will be held rain or shine. Bring blankets or chairs for informal seating on the lawn or under the tent.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Mount Pleasant
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Mount Pleasant
- 3 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts
- 4 Mount Pleasant Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Mount Pleasant Tuesday