MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- OLA Consulting Engineers of Hawthorne, an industry leader in all aspects of building systems analysis, design, and commissioning, recently participated in a build day with Habitat for Humanity of Westchester.
The event was part of OLA’s 40th anniversary celebration, and coincided with Habitat’s 25th year of service to the community.
Approximately 40 members of the OLA team worked from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., on two homes in the Battle Hill section of White Plains that are being built for veterans. Tasks included painting, drywall, trim carpentry, flooring and landscaping.
“We are grateful for OLA engineering honoring their success by working on our veteran homes in Battle Hill, Yonkers,” said Jim Killoran, director of Habitat for Humanity of Westchester. “If every company did this, everyone would have a home.”
“Habitat for Humanity meets a critical need in our community, and we are glad to have the opportunity to participate and help them,” said OLA President Patrick F. Lynch. “It’s hard work, a lot of fun, and a very rewarding experience.”
- 1 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Snow Could Return To Mount Pleasant For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Mount Pleasant Saturday