VALHALLA, N.Y. -- The rain didn't stop the Westchester Albanian Heritage Festival at Kensico Dam in Valhalla on Sunday, and there are plenty of additional heritage festivals upcoming to help fill the summer months.
During the events, residents can experience a variety of cultures from around the world without leaving Westchester County during the annual Cultural Heritage Celebrations held in county parks.
Festivals will be held rain or shine. Seating is informal; bring blankets or folding chairs for seating on the lawn. All festivals are sponsored by Westchester County Parks.
Here's a list of upcoming festivals:
- African-American — Sunday, June 26, noon-7 p.m., Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla.
- Polish — Sunday, July 10, noon-6 p.m., Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla.
- Hispanic — Sunday, July 17, noon-7 p.m. Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla.
- Italian — Sunday, July 24, noon-7 p.m., Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla.
- Irish-American — Sunday, July 31, 1-5:30 p.m. Ridge Road Park, Hartsdale.
- Heritage of India — Sunday, Aug. 7, 11:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla.
- Jewish — Sunday, Aug. 21, noon-6 p.m. Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.