MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- The Mount Pleasant Library will be hosting an art exhibit and reception that will present the works of Chilean artist Claudia Bitran on Saturday, Feb. 8 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bitran will be present at the event and will give a brief talk about her work. The exhibit presents three invented movie trailers that she produced and filmed inside her studio, as well as some props in the form of dioramas, and photographs of the handmade sets that she used as backdrops.
Bitran's video art and photographic stills feature the promotional spectacles of pop culture - music videos and film trailers - as the core resources for her studio practice.
For the project, Bitran assumed multiple roles: story boarder, art director, costume designer, actor, photographer, make-up stylist, special effects team, director, choreographer, editor and production assistant.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant Police Chief Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charge
- 2 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 3 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Where You Live In Westchester County Is No Easy Answer