MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- The Mount Pleasant Library will be hosting an art exhibit and reception that will present the works of Chilean artist Claudia Bitran on Saturday, Feb. 8 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bitran will be present at the event and will give a brief talk about her work. The exhibit presents three invented movie trailers that she produced and filmed inside her studio, as well as some props in the form of dioramas, and photographs of the handmade sets that she used as backdrops.
Bitran's video art and photographic stills feature the promotional spectacles of pop culture - music videos and film trailers - as the core resources for her studio practice.
For the project, Bitran assumed multiple roles: story boarder, art director, costume designer, actor, photographer, make-up stylist, special effects team, director, choreographer, editor and production assistant.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Voters Defeat $42M In Projects At Westlake Schools
- 2 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Valhalla Man Denied Parole In Wife's Murder