MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- The Mount Pleasant Library will be hosting an art exhibit and reception that will present the works of Chilean artist Claudia Bitran on Saturday, Feb. 8 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bitran will be present at the event and will give a brief talk about her work. The exhibit presents three invented movie trailers that she produced and filmed inside her studio, as well as some props in the form of dioramas, and photographs of the handmade sets that she used as backdrops.
Bitran's video art and photographic stills feature the promotional spectacles of pop culture - music videos and film trailers - as the core resources for her studio practice.
For the project, Bitran assumed multiple roles: story boarder, art director, costume designer, actor, photographer, make-up stylist, special effects team, director, choreographer, editor and production assistant.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Thornwood Resident Accused Of Offering To Drop Parking Ticket For Sex
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Mount Pleasant On Wednesday
- 4 Open Houses In Mount Pleasant This Weekend
- 5 Rejection Of Mount Pleasant’s School Bond Tops Week's News