PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville's Bob Huerster is ready to give residents a deeper look into the life of President Abraham Lincoln on Tuesday, Feb. 25 at the Mount Pleasant Library.
Huerster will host "Lincoln Revisited" at 7:30 p.m. at the Mount Pleasant Library at 350 Bedford Road in Pleasantville.
"In his talk, (Huerster) will look beneath the familiar image of Lincoln and highlight some of the personal qualities and skills that contributed to his greatness," representatives said. "The name and image of Abraham Lincoln are all around us: from schools and parks bearing his name and the famous tunnel connecting New York and New Jersey to caricatures of him wearing a stove pipe hat in ads for Presidents' Day sales at car dealers and department stores," representatives said.
Huerster has been a Lincoln enthusiast for nearly 30 years. Bob will also discuss recommended books about the 16th President, including the one that first sparked his interest in him.
- 1 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mom's Fatal Valhalla Collision
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Westlake High Grad Helps Give Boy Prosthetic Hand
- 4 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 5 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says