PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville's Bob Huerster is ready to give residents a deeper look into the life of President Abraham Lincoln on Tuesday, Feb. 25 at the Mount Pleasant Library.
Huerster will host "Lincoln Revisited" at 7:30 p.m. at the Mount Pleasant Library at 350 Bedford Road in Pleasantville.
"In his talk, (Huerster) will look beneath the familiar image of Lincoln and highlight some of the personal qualities and skills that contributed to his greatness," representatives said. "The name and image of Abraham Lincoln are all around us: from schools and parks bearing his name and the famous tunnel connecting New York and New Jersey to caricatures of him wearing a stove pipe hat in ads for Presidents' Day sales at car dealers and department stores," representatives said.
Huerster has been a Lincoln enthusiast for nearly 30 years. Bob will also discuss recommended books about the 16th President, including the one that first sparked his interest in him.
- 1 Mount Pleasant's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Pleasantville Woman, 76, Found Dead In Her Home