MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- The Mount Pleasant Library is presenting the work of the Hudson River School of Art starting Thursday, Jan. 30.
The program entitled "The Hudson River School of Art: Paintings, Places, Period and Painters" will start at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30 at the Mount Pleasant Library at 350 Bedford Road in Pleasantville.
"Painters of the Hudson River School brought to the public a uniquely American style of art with their realistic yet romanticized landscapes of a new nation," library representatives said. "In this 90 minute presentation, Skip Doyle will discuss the works of the Hudson River School painters and their historical and geographical context (including how to visit these specific sites) with special reference to our Hudson Valley where the School's earliest subjects were found."
For more information, residents are asked to call the library at (914) 769-0548 or visit the Mount Pleasant Public Library website.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 A Look At How Mount Pleasant’s School Bond Will Affect Taxpayers
- 4 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Mount Pleasant On Wednesday