MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- The Mount Pleasant Library is presenting the work of the Hudson River School of Art starting Thursday, Jan. 30.
The program entitled "The Hudson River School of Art: Paintings, Places, Period and Painters" will start at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30 at the Mount Pleasant Library at 350 Bedford Road in Pleasantville.
"Painters of the Hudson River School brought to the public a uniquely American style of art with their realistic yet romanticized landscapes of a new nation," library representatives said. "In this 90 minute presentation, Skip Doyle will discuss the works of the Hudson River School painters and their historical and geographical context (including how to visit these specific sites) with special reference to our Hudson Valley where the School's earliest subjects were found."
For more information, residents are asked to call the library at (914) 769-0548 or visit the Mount Pleasant Public Library website.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester