PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – The Mount Pleasant Public Library is kicking off its summer reading program this week.
The “Dig Into Reading” program “encourages children to read for pleasure, keeping their brains active over the summer,” according to the library. It includes weekly prize drawings, book reviews, author visits, artist visits and an end-of-summer party.
The program began Monday with a puppet show from the Up in Arms Puppet Company at the main library in Pleasantville. Franee the Clown will end the program on Aug. 8 at the main library. Free tickets will be available at both library branches on July 29.
Sign up by emailing email@example.com .
Summer Program Schedule:
- Dance Fun and Drum with Ms. Belle: Kids between 6 and 10 explore Afro-Cuban and West African rhythms and movement beginning at 4 p.m. on July 10 at the main branch.
- Art Workshop: Kids between 6 and 8 create nature collages with artist Quincy Egginton from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on July 18 at the main branch.
- Storybook Workshop: Kids between grades 1 and 3 create picturebooks with author Laura Nadler Scott from 4 to 5:30 p.m. on July 24 at the main branch.
- Dig Into Reading with Storyteller Jonathan Kruk: Kids between 4 and 8 enjoy a performance by storyteller Jonathan Kruk from 3:30 to 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 1 at the Valhalla branch.
- Meet the Animals: Kids between 4 and 8 meet special animals from 3 to 4 p.m. at the Valhalla branch.