WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Burke Rehabilitation Center, located in White Plains, hosted more 350 at the Ritz-Carlton, Westchester in White Plains on June 26 for its annual Burke Award dinner.
This year’s Burke Award honorees were J.J. Buchanan, wellness coach & patient advocate; Stephen Buchanan, retired financial executive and former professional athlete; Laurane Magliari, entrepreneur, financial executive and retired corporate executive; and Marc Tessier-Lavigne, Ph.D., president, the Rockefeller University.
The Burke Award is the highest honor bestowed by the Board of Directors of the Burke Rehabilitation Hospital and the Burke Medical Research Institute. It is conferred upon an individual or group who has made significant contributions to the field of rehabilitation, either through personal achievements, the development of research or the establishment of programs and facilities to assist individuals with disabilities.
The Burke award recognizes strength and courage in overcoming the challenge of a disability or a significant contribution to the understanding of physical disability.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Mount Pleasant
- 3 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Mount Pleasant Tuesday
- 5 Target, With Three Westchester Locations, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs