PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – The Pleasantville Famers Market has received the most pledge dollars in New York State through an organization that honors family famers and farmers markets – making it among the most celebrated markets in the country.
As of Monday afternoon, the Pleasantville Farmers Market had received $570 in pledges for the American Farmland Trust’s I Love My Famers Market Celebration. It was trailed by the Union Square Greenmarket in New York City, which had $350 in pledges, and the Saratoga Famers Market in Saratoga Springs, which had $330 in pledges.
The I Love My Farmers Market Celebration marks the fifth year that the American Farmland Trust has hosted a summer-long event to honor family farmers and to raise the national awareness about bountiful farmers markets, press release from the organization said.
In total, $6,530 was pledged for farmers markets in New York, which puts the state in third place so far nationwide. California was in the lead with $10,390 pledged, followed by Georgia with $8,440.
Pledges for the I Love My Farmers Market Celebration can be signed online. For every $10 spent on local food, as much as $7.80 is re-spent in the local community, supporting local jobs and businesses, the release said.
- 1 Westlake High School Valedictorian Encourages 'Acts Of Kindness'
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 5 Valhalla Village Creamery Ties For First In DVlicious Contest