VALHALLA, N.Y. — Are you a longtime resident of Mount Pleasant? How well do you know the history of the town? The Mount Pleasant Daily Voice has devised this short quiz to test your knowledge on a variety of historical topics related to Mount Pleasant. Post your answers in the comments section below; we'll unveil the correct responses later in the week.
- In what year did the first family officially settle into Mount Pleasant?
- What was the name of the first family to officially settle into Mount Pleasant?
- Which town hamlet, up until 1901, was officially known as Unionville?
- The New York Central and Harlem Railroad arrived in Mount Pleasant in October of what year?
- Which modern-day source of water was purchased by the New York City Board of Water Supply in 1885?
- Which current school within the Mount Pleasant Central School District changed its name from the Cleveland Street School in 1919?
- Which school was originally built in 1909 on Broadway, across from the Hawthorne Reformed Church?
- The R.B. Henry Milk Company in Valhalla officially closed its doors for business after nearly six decades in what year?
- Which popular ice cream shop in Thornwood was founded by James Bard in 1923?
- Our Lady of Pompeii church was built in what year?
- 1 Mount Pleasant's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Mount Pleasant's Communication Signals