WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Haven't made your reservations for Valentine's Day dinner yet? Don't panic. If you're quick, you can still snag a table at one of Westchester's premier restaurants.
Though many of the county's restaurants are booked to the gills with couples looking for a romantic night out during one of the busiest restaurant days of the year, there is some availability left.
Sam's of Gedney Way in White Plains is booked until 8:30 p.m. but has some open tables afterwards. Its bar seating is also expected to be available throughout the evening.
Act now and you might be able to grab the last table available at Vox in North Salem, which is scheduled to serve 80 people.
Don't mind dining late? Xaviar's X20 On The Hudson in Yonkers is edging on fully committed for the evening with a total of 630 diners expected, but it does have some availability at 10 p.m.
According to one of its hosts, it's been receiving reservations for their second busiest day of the year (after Christmas) as early as three weeks ago.
Moderne Barn in Armonk is booked consistently from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., with 382 covers (meals) expected to be served, but try for a little earlier or later and you might have some luck.
Valentine's Day falls short of only Mother's Day in the list of busiest restaurant days of the year, according to the National Restaurant Association.
- 1 Westlake High School Valedictorian Encourages 'Acts Of Kindness'
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 5 Valhalla Village Creamery Ties For First In DVlicious Contest