MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Hawthorne Boy Scout Troop 1 recently celebrated three scouts achieving the rank of Eagle Scout.
The troop honored John Douville Jr., Devon Haywood and Michael McLynn at a ceremony at Valhalla United Methodist Church, according to a report from The Examiner.
Troop Master Ed Vogel told The Examiner that Boy Scouts of America requires 12 merit badges but the troop asks members to obtain at least 21 to achieve the rank of Eagle Scout.
- 1 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Targets Homeschooling
- 5 Cuomo Agrees To Two Gubernatorial Debates Pending Astorino Acceptance