Lizbeth Falsetti, who majors in Liberal Arts and Science/Social Sciences, is a recipient of Westchester Community College's Kathryn W. Davis Global Community Scholarship. Falsetti works with other students on education, international understanding, and service programs. The Davis Program promotes the interchange of ideas and enlightens participants about global and local issues, engaging students in cooperative and productive experiences.
"I was born in Peru and moved to the United States with my parents 14 years ago. As outsiders, the change to an unfamiliar territory was extremely challenging.
I attempted college several years ago, on my own, but it didn’t work out. Instead, I focused on work and my family, which helped me grow and allowed me to set goals for myself and for my future. Now I am ready for college. My main goal is to become a lawyer. The strong education and foundation that Westchester Community College provides will allow me to achieve this goal."
Westchester Community College is the largest educational institution in Westchester County. The main campus is located in Valhalla and classes are offered at various extensions throughout the County.
Visit sunywcc.edu to learn more.
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Taconic State Parkway Stretch Reopens After Closure In Mount Pleasant