TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Rich Friedman, DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown's general manager, is set to receive the General Manager of the Year Award from the New York State Hospitality & Tourism Association (NYSH&TA).
Friedman, who has been general manager of the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown since it re-opened in 2008 following a major renovation, will be recognized at the association’s 21st Annual Stars of the Industry Gala & Awards Banquet on March 3.
“Every year, the state’s hospitality industry nominates its most outstanding employees,” said NYSH&TA President Jan Marie Chesterton. ”After reviewing all of the nominations submitted, the judges agreed that Rich Friedman was the best of the best. All the winners at this year’s awards are stars in every sense of the word and shining examples of what New York State hospitality is all about.”
The Outstanding General Manager of the Year award honors a hotelier "who has demonstrated superior professionalism and taken a leadership role in the industry by actively participating in association, community or industry programs," representatives said.
- 1 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Mount Pleasant
- 5 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown