8:30 a.m. update: WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The accident has been cleared that closed Interstate 95 on the New York and Connecticut border early Friday.
One person was killed in the crash on the Rye-Port Chester border, according to Lohud.com.
Original story: WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – An accident Friday morning closed Interstate 95 on the New York and Connecticut border. Motorists coming to Connecticut are advised to take the Merritt Parkway or seek other alternate routes.
The road was closed as a result of an accident around 2:45 a.m. The highway was closed at Exit 20 Northbound on I-95. An exit ramp on I-295 East at Exit 10 was also closed. Interstate 287 toward was also experiencing delays.
Some traffic has been allowed on the shoulder of the road starting shortly after dawn.
Radio and television reports indicated the accident was fatal. A northbound lane opened around 7:10 a.m. but traffic was still slowed.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant School Board Member Wins Seat As Write-In Candidate
- 2 Mount Pleasant Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies