MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- The Mount Pleasant Planning Board unanimously approved a proposal to turn part of the Legion of Christ property into a private boarding school for high school students.
- A Pleasantville police officer has been suspended after reportedly making a Facebook post that was laced with profanities and racist comments about President Barack Obama.
- Three suspects in a White Plains burglary were arrested in Harrison Tuesday afternoon.
- Westchester County commuters will see reduced commute time on Metro-North Railroad trains as construction on a stretch of railroad in the Bronx is completed.
- Nero, a 10-year old Newfoundland who played a key role in the rescue of two of Eliseo family members before perishing in a Nov. 24 fire on Wildwood Street along with three other dogs, was laid to rest at St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church in Shrub Oak.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.