MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and Valhalla last week:
- The Valhalla Union Free School District community passed two propositions regarding the sale of the Columbus Avenue building and the creation of a new reserve fund to store the money.
- Like Lucy pulling the football out of Charlie Brown’s reach, GOP gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino used his own little trick to keep Gov. Andrew Cuomo from scoring political points on a recent television ad by Erie County Democrats.
- Seventeen Westchester County municipalities were ranked in Safe Choice Security's "29 Safest Cities" in New York.
- The New York State Department of Health is advising parents and health-care providers to be aware of the signs and symptoms of a serious respiratory illness known as enterovirus EV-D68, which has now been confirmed in more than a dozen children in New York State.
- In separate incidents, police say teens used an anonymous app called Yik Yak to post threats to their schools. Both suspects were found by police using GPS provided by the app and then arrested.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.