MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and Valhalla this week:
- New York State Police in Hawthorne charged a man with driving while intoxicated after he was pulled over on the Taconic State Parkway, police officials said
- Scarsdale police arrested two drug suspects over the weekend, as a special patrol was conducting surveillance in the village, looking for drug sales.
- A new national study of public and private high schools named 17 schools in Westchester County among the most challenging in New York State.
- Nine Westchester neighborhoods have made the list of the Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- A man identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale died after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Kensico Dam In Valhalla Launches July 4 Festivities Friday
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director