MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- A company that operates assisted living facilities throughout New England is proposing building a senior assisted-living facility on Bedford Road in Pleasantville.
- New York State Crime Stoppers and Westchester County police are offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the still unsolved 1996 murder of Pleasantville volunteer firefighter Tom Dorr.
- Yonkers resident Louis Crespo, 30, and Michael Figueroa, 28, of the Bronx, were arrested after police accused them of having three pounds of marijuana and 800 grams of cocaine in their vehicle.
- State Police conducted a DWI enforcement detail in the towns of Cortlandt and Lewisboro on Saturday, Jan. 11, into Sunday, Jan. 12, that resulted in five alcohol-related arrests.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Pleasant, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Pleasant; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Mount Pleasant Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Hawthorne-Cedar Knolls Will Have Delayed Opening