MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- A company that operates assisted living facilities throughout New England is proposing building a senior assisted-living facility on Bedford Road in Pleasantville.
- New York State Crime Stoppers and Westchester County police are offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the still unsolved 1996 murder of Pleasantville volunteer firefighter Tom Dorr.
- Yonkers resident Louis Crespo, 30, and Michael Figueroa, 28, of the Bronx, were arrested after police accused them of having three pounds of marijuana and 800 grams of cocaine in their vehicle.
- State Police conducted a DWI enforcement detail in the towns of Cortlandt and Lewisboro on Saturday, Jan. 11, into Sunday, Jan. 12, that resulted in five alcohol-related arrests.
- 1 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 2 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash In TV Interview
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam