WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- State Sen. Greg Ball will announce his political future on Friday with a video, according to his office. The video is scheduled for 9 a.m.
Ball (R-Patterson), chose not to run for Putnam County Executive, according to various media reports. His senate seat, which is for a two-year term, is up for re-election this November.
Ball's announcement comes the same week as a New York Post story about records from the Moreland Commission, a panel focused on state government corruption. The paper reported that this included $23,000 of Ball's campaign money being spent on clothing from Banana Republic, Amore Clothing and Brooks Brothers.
Joe Bachmeier, a spokesman for Ball, told the paper that the clothes were for campaign use, citing television shoots and photos as examples.
Ball's senate district includes several communities in Northern Westchester County, eastern Putnam County and a small part of Dutchess County.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase