SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers
- 4 Thornwood Resident Accused Of Offering To Drop Parking Ticket For Sex
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations