SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 3 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown