SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mom's Fatal Valhalla Collision
- 2 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Star In HGTV Show
- 3 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 4 Westlake High Grad Helps Give Boy Prosthetic Hand
- 5 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook