BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Randi G. Brown, school psychologist in the Briarcliff Manor School District, has been certified as a bully-prevention specialist.
This certification through the New York Association of School Psychologists (NYASP) gives school psychologists an in-depth understanding of the complexities of bullying behavior and the tools to develop strategies to address and stop bullying in schools.
A Frank Plumeau School Psychologist of the Year Award recipient in 2005, Brown said she is passionate about increasing awareness about bully prevention, particularly cyber bullying. She adds “bullying needs to be addressed from all angles – the bully, the victim and the bystander. Whether in the school setting or through social media, children need to be mindful that everyone is affected by bullying behavior”.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 5 Snow Could Return To Mount Pleasant For Monday Morning Commute