BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Randi G. Brown, school psychologist in the Briarcliff Manor School District, has been certified as a bully-prevention specialist.
This certification through the New York Association of School Psychologists (NYASP) gives school psychologists an in-depth understanding of the complexities of bullying behavior and the tools to develop strategies to address and stop bullying in schools.
A Frank Plumeau School Psychologist of the Year Award recipient in 2005, Brown said she is passionate about increasing awareness about bully prevention, particularly cyber bullying. She adds “bullying needs to be addressed from all angles – the bully, the victim and the bystander. Whether in the school setting or through social media, children need to be mindful that everyone is affected by bullying behavior”.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Mount Pleasant