MOUNT PLEASANT AND VALHALLA, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- The recent arrest of Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli on federal charges of distributing and receiving child pornography led to a five-week investigation and 70 arrests by authorities in the the New York City area. Former Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli pleaded not guilty on Monday to child pornography charges in White Plains.
- Voters in Mount Pleasant approved the school district's proposed $55.7 million budget for the 2014-15 school year on Tuesday.
- Newly elected Valhalla School Board member Anthony C. Amiano is just two years removed from being a student in the district he will now help lead.
- The Metro-North train tracks near the Valhalla station were cleared and trains were running normally Tuesday after a car caught fire on the tracks Monday evening.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Approval Of Valhalla School Building Sale Tops Week's News