KATONAH, N.Y. -- Three volunteers from The ARC of Westchester have been spending their free time each week at the Community Center of Northern Westchester's food pantry and donation room in Katonah.
The ARC of Westchester is the largest agency in the county serving children, teens and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Maria Lorello, day habilitation Instructor at the agency, said that serving those in need has been a wonderful experience for the volunteers.
“They are grateful for this opportunity to lend a hand at the Center, and even when they say they are tired after their shift, they also say they feel so good that they have have helped other people,” Lorello said in a statement.
The Community Center of Northern Westchester is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organization, providing essentials of living -- supplemental food, seasonal clothing and other guidance and services-- to those in need in northern Westchester.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 2 White Plains Office Assistant Posed As Dentist While Boss Was Away
- 3 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Mount Pleasant
- 5 Hartsdale Woman, 46, Dies In Fall From George Washington Bridge