KATONAH, N.Y. -- Three volunteers from The ARC of Westchester have been spending their free time each week at the Community Center of Northern Westchester's food pantry and donation room in Katonah.
The ARC of Westchester is the largest agency in the county serving children, teens and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Maria Lorello, day habilitation Instructor at the agency, said that serving those in need has been a wonderful experience for the volunteers.
“They are grateful for this opportunity to lend a hand at the Center, and even when they say they are tired after their shift, they also say they feel so good that they have have helped other people,” Lorello said in a statement.
The Community Center of Northern Westchester is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organization, providing essentials of living -- supplemental food, seasonal clothing and other guidance and services-- to those in need in northern Westchester.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant School Board Member Wins Seat As Write-In Candidate
- 2 Mount Pleasant Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies