MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- Eight Democratic members of the Board of Legislators said County Executive Rob Astorino is missing in action and demanded a new election for Westchester county executive, which Republican legislators called pure political silliness.
- The artistic directors of a Pleasantville-based dance studio are joining with the outrage aimed at a school on Long Island that may be pushing kids a little too hard.
- Pop legend Paul Simon, 72, and his wife, musician Edie Brickell, 47, are facing troubled waters after they were each charged with disorderly conduct after a dispute between the couple at their New Canaan home Saturday evening.
- A Long Island man admitted in Westchester County Court in White Plains on Wednesday to groping two female driving students in separate incidents in Yorktown and New Rochelle, a county official said.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Voters Defeat $42M In Projects At Westlake Schools
- 2 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp In Mount Pleasant
- 3 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 4 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 5 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items