MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- Eight Democratic members of the Board of Legislators said County Executive Rob Astorino is missing in action and demanded a new election for Westchester county executive, which Republican legislators called pure political silliness.
- The artistic directors of a Pleasantville-based dance studio are joining with the outrage aimed at a school on Long Island that may be pushing kids a little too hard.
- Pop legend Paul Simon, 72, and his wife, musician Edie Brickell, 47, are facing troubled waters after they were each charged with disorderly conduct after a dispute between the couple at their New Canaan home Saturday evening.
- A Long Island man admitted in Westchester County Court in White Plains on Wednesday to groping two female driving students in separate incidents in Yorktown and New Rochelle, a county official said.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 5 Mount Pleasant Home Sales Soar 17 Percent In Third Quarter