VALHALLA, N.Y. Eight sex offenders were added to the Mount Pleasant registry Monday by the Westchester County Department of Public Safety, nearly half of the previous total.
All of the offenders added Monday are currently residing at 25 Operations Drive in Valhalla, the address of the Grasslands Homeless Shelter, according to the department. Of the eight offenders, six are considered to be sexually violent offenders, two of which are also predicate offenders, the department said.
The following offender information is provided by the Westchester County Department of Public Safety:
- Samuel Odell, 44, was convicted in 1988 on six counts of felony sexual offenses, including rape, sodomy and sexual abuse all in the first-degree. His victims were three females ages 15, 20 and 30 years old. All of Odells victims were strangers and he is known to use physical force. He has a tattoo of a tiger on his left forearm and is also known to go by the name Samuel Fiebert. Odell is listed as a sexually violent and predicate offender.
- Manuel Arroyo, 46, was convicted in 2003 of sexual abuse of a 9-year old female. He was sentenced to five years in prison by the Westchester County Court. Arroyos victim was a stranger and he is known to use physically overpowering force. He is listed as a sexually violent and predicate offender.
- Taquan Shealy, 30, was convicted in 2002 of felony sexual abuse. His victim was a 31-year-old female. Shealys victim was a stranger and he is listed as a sexually violent offender.
- Jerrard Crawford, 26, was convicted in 2003 of first-degree rape, a felony. His victims were two females ages 14 and 20. His victims were non-strangers and he is considered a sexually violent offender.
- Leonard Hooper, 51, was convicted in 1984 of first-degree rape, a felony. His victim was a 39-year-old female stranger. He is considered a sexually violent offender.
- Maurice Mitchell, 48, was convicted in 2000 of deviate intercourse with an individual under the age of 11, a first-degree felony. His victim was a 10-year-old female non-stranger. He is considered a sexually violent offender.
- William Vissaggi, 74, was convicted in 2000 of disseminating indecent materials to a minor, a felony. His victim was a stranger.
Sixto Areizaga, 49, was convicted in 2009 of possessing material showing child less than 16 years old performing an obscene sexual performance, a felony.
There are currently 29 sex offenders in Mount Pleasant who are under the supervision of the Westchester County Department of Public Safety. For more information on offenders listed in the registry, contact the Department of Public Safety at 914-864-7700.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.