VALHALLA, N.Y. The Westchester County Department of Safety notified Mount Pleasant Police that five registered sex offenders, under the supervision of the county, moved into Mount Pleasant Tuesday. All offenders are currently residing in Valhalla at 25 Operations Drive, the location of the Grasslands Homeless Shelter.
According to the Mount Pleasant Police Department the offenders are as follows:
- Christopher Welch, 34, was convicted in 2008 of Persistent Sexual Abuse: two or more prior convictions within 10 years, a class-E felony. Welchs victims were females, ages 24 and 46. Welch is considered a sexually violent and predicate offender. Welch also is known to go by the alias Mark Anthony.
- James Blalock, 50, was convicted in 2001 of first-degree sodomy of a 13-year-old female, a class-B felony. Blalock was sentenced to 10 years in a New York State prison. He is considered a sexually violent offender known to use immediate and physical force.
- Tracey Douglas, 38, was convicted in 2008 of second-degree rape, a class-D felony. Douglas victim was a 13-year-old female acquaintance. He was sentenced to five years in a New York State Prison.
- Lamont Gilliam, 41, was convicted in 2009 of attempted sexual abuse in the first degree, a class-E felony. Gilliams victim was a female whose age is unknown. He was sentenced to 30 months in a New York State Prison. He is considered to be a sexually violent offender and the use of immediate and physical force as well as a knife/cutting device in his previous conviction is noted.
- Brandon Randolph, 24, was convicted in 2008 of rape in the third degree, a class-E felony. Randolphs victim was a 14-year-old female. He was sentenced to two years in a New York State Prison. His victim was a non-stranger and he is not considered a violent offender.
For more information, residents should contact the Westchester County Department of Public Safety at 914-864-7700.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.