This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Flash Flood Watch issued by the National Weather Service for Westchester County is in effect through 6 a.m. Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service.
Multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms will continue ahead of a cold front. The collision of this cold front with the warm, humid air in place will create an environment for torrential downpours and severe thunderstorms.
Impacts from this round of rain are expected to be localized flooding in urban and low-lying areas as well as areas with poor drainage. Small streams and rivers may also reach flood levels.
Residents are advised to keep an eye on conditions and be prepared to take action if any flooding should occur.
For a look at the forecast, click here.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant School Board Member Wins Seat As Write-In Candidate
- 2 Mount Pleasant Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies