WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Pleasant Skies Sunday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Mount Pleasant Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Mount Pleasant Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend