WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch remains in effect for Westchester County from noon through late Friday night, according to the National Weather Service.
A slow-moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between 1 and 2 inches of rain are expected, with localized amounts of up to 3 inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to pay attention of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Mount Pleasant Voters Defeat $42M In Projects At Westlake Schools
- 2 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Valhalla Man Denied Parole In Wife's Murder