PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Former Pleasantville Fire Chief Russell Gilbert Tompkins died Thursday, May 1 at the age of 94, according to theeexaminernews.com.
Tompkins was a World War II Army veteran. He joined the Pleasantville Fire Department in 1941 and later served as a commissioner on the Board of Fire Commissioners for more than three decades, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Mount Pleasant Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Sony Pulls Movie; Mount Pleasant Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'
- 5 Westchester Political, Business Leaders Applaud State Casino Decision