PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Former Pleasantville Fire Chief Russell Gilbert Tompkins died Thursday, May 1 at the age of 94, according to theeexaminernews.com.
Tompkins was a World War II Army veteran. He joined the Pleasantville Fire Department in 1941 and later served as a commissioner on the Board of Fire Commissioners for more than three decades, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Valhalla Community Passes Propositions On Building Sale, Reserve Funds
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 Report: Westchester HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts