PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Former Pleasantville Fire Chief Russell Gilbert Tompkins died Thursday, May 1 at the age of 94, according to theeexaminernews.com.
Tompkins was a World War II Army veteran. He joined the Pleasantville Fire Department in 1941 and later served as a commissioner on the Board of Fire Commissioners for more than three decades, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Suspect Charged In Mount Kisco Homicide
- 4 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation