PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Former Pleasantville Fire Chief Russell Gilbert Tompkins died Thursday, May 1 at the age of 94, according to theeexaminernews.com.
Tompkins was a World War II Army veteran. He joined the Pleasantville Fire Department in 1941 and later served as a commissioner on the Board of Fire Commissioners for more than three decades, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Pleasant, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Pleasant; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Westchester Schools Postpone SAT Exams Due To Inclement Weather