PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Former Pleasantville Fire Chief Russell Gilbert Tompkins died Thursday, May 1 at the age of 94, according to theeexaminernews.com.
Tompkins was a World War II Army veteran. He joined the Pleasantville Fire Department in 1941 and later served as a commissioner on the Board of Fire Commissioners for more than three decades, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 NTSB Says It Could Take Full Year To Complete Valhalla Crash Investigation
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation