PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Former Pleasantville Fire Chief Russell Gilbert Tompkins died Thursday, May 1 at the age of 94, according to theeexaminernews.com.
Tompkins was a World War II Army veteran. He joined the Pleasantville Fire Department in 1941 and later served as a commissioner on the Board of Fire Commissioners for more than three decades, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Valhalla School District Will Be Closed, MPCSD Will Have Early Dismissal
- 2 Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Parking Officer From Thornwood Out On Bail In 'Sex For No Ticket' Charge
- 4 Mount Pleasant Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Winter Wonderland Transforms Mount Pleasant's Kensico Dam