VALHALLA, N.Y. ‒ Several buildings at Westchester Community College were briefly evacuated Thursday after a gas main was broken by construction workers, Patrick Hennessey, spokesman for the college, said.
Students and employees in the library, the tech center, the student center and one classroom building were ushered out of the buildings before 3 p.m. but let back in shortly after.
No one was hurt in the incident.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant School Board Member Wins Seat As Write-In Candidate
- 2 Mount Pleasant Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 4 Thornwood's License 2 Grill Provides Tips On Grilling The Perfect Burger
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit