VALHALLA, N.Y. ‒ Several buildings at Westchester Community College were briefly evacuated Thursday after a gas main was broken by construction workers, Patrick Hennessey, spokesman for the college, said.
Students and employees in the library, the tech center, the student center and one classroom building were ushered out of the buildings before 3 p.m. but let back in shortly after.
No one was hurt in the incident.
- 1 Westchester's John Slattery, TV News Reporter, Dies
- 2 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 3 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 4 Cuomo Agrees To Two Gubernatorial Debates Pending Astorino Acceptance
- 5 Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Targets Homeschooling