MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and Valhalla this week:
- Sophia Mercado, a neurosurgery patient at Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center, was named the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Champion for New York state.
- Westlake High School teacher and play director Phil Cutrone will direct and star in a free performance of a reading of Arthur Miller's classic "All My Sons" at the White Plains Performing Arts Center on Friday, July 18, at 8 p.m.
- Stretches of several major roadways are closed Monday night as a result of flooding.
- Authorities have released the audio from the final moments of Richard Rockefeller's fatal plane crash in Purchase.
- Columbus Avenue between Locust Street and Ann Place was closed Friday morning following an overnight accident.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 5 Mount Pleasant Home Sales Soar 17 Percent In Third Quarter