A 21-year-old Northern Westchester man is behind bars after police charged him with raping a 16-year-old girl. Click here to read the story.
A hedge fund manager from Northern Westchester was arrested Thursday morning and charged with securities fraud and wire fraud arising out of his execution of a $19 million Ponzi scheme, authorities said. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- A 52-year-old construction worker from Northern Westchester fell to his death from a scaffolding on Route 22 in Brewster on Wednesday, state police said.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino and his Democratic challenger Senator George Latimer will be participating in their first head to head debate next Tuesday, Oct. 10 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Reckson Center at 360 Hamilton Avenue in White Plains.
- A 51-year-old man was arrested and charged with stealing a Lexus on Wednesday night, Yorktown Police said.
- State Police issued an alert Thursday morning for a pair of teens who went missing in Somers on Saturday, Sept. 30.
- Yorktown was the site of a literal dumpster fire Tuesday night.
- There will be overnight lane closures on the Saw Mill River Parkway in central Westchester for several months as crews complete contracting work in the area of Pleasantville and Mount Pleasant.
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators is going after Big Pharma.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Daily Voice Northern Westchester on Twitter @DVWestchester_N by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.