MOUNT PLEASANT AND VALHALLA, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- A Hawthorne resident, Frank Morganthaler, is threatening to sue Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore , after authorities claimed he "had his petition carried with forged names by the challenger in the Mount Pleasant supervisor's race,"
- Hundreds of Westchester County parents and educators expressed concern and outrage to New York Education Commissioner John King over the implementation of the Common Core at a public forum held before a packed house at Port Chester Middle School.
- Lindblom, a lawyer from Larchmont , will be on "JEOPARDY!" Tuesday show that airs at 7 p.m. on WABC-TV Channel 7.
- A Western Connecticut State University professor, Paul Hines, 73, was arrested in New York on Monday and accused of engaging in a sex act with a minor .
- A video of people alleged to be volunteers of New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson's appearing to remove campaign signs for incumbent Rob Astorino is causing controversy in the race for Westchester County Executive.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.