YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Bishop Robert Alan Rimbo of the Metropolitan New York Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) dined with fellow clergy members from all 40 ELCA Lutheran churches in the area during a visit to Grace Lutheran Church in Yorktown Heights recently.
The evening, hosted by the Rev. Timothy Kennedy, pastor of Grace Lutheran, included informal conversation and fellowship.
The Metropolitan New York Synod covers all five boroughs of New York City, all of Long Island, and Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester counties.
Rimbo was formerly the pastor of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in New York City. He has published essays, sermons, and numerous articles about worship and is the author of "Why Worship Matters."
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 5 Mount Pleasant Home Sales Soar 17 Percent In Third Quarter