YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Bishop Robert Alan Rimbo of the Metropolitan New York Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) dined with fellow clergy members from all 40 ELCA Lutheran churches in the area during a visit to Grace Lutheran Church in Yorktown Heights recently.
The evening, hosted by the Rev. Timothy Kennedy, pastor of Grace Lutheran, included informal conversation and fellowship.
The Metropolitan New York Synod covers all five boroughs of New York City, all of Long Island, and Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester counties.
Rimbo was formerly the pastor of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in New York City. He has published essays, sermons, and numerous articles about worship and is the author of "Why Worship Matters."
- 1 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Mount Pleasant Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'