YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Bishop Robert Alan Rimbo of the Metropolitan New York Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) dined with fellow clergy members from all 40 ELCA Lutheran churches in the area during a visit to Grace Lutheran Church in Yorktown Heights recently.
The evening, hosted by the Rev. Timothy Kennedy, pastor of Grace Lutheran, included informal conversation and fellowship.
The Metropolitan New York Synod covers all five boroughs of New York City, all of Long Island, and Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester counties.
Rimbo was formerly the pastor of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in New York City. He has published essays, sermons, and numerous articles about worship and is the author of "Why Worship Matters."
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Taconic State Parkway Stretch Reopens After Closure In Mount Pleasant