MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and Valhalla last week:
- New York State Police charged a 43-year-old man with driving while intoxicated following an accident on Friday, July 18 on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Mount Pleasant, officials said.
- Westchester County Executive and GOP gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino issued a pointed response on Tuesday to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's comment that Astorino's campaign was a lost cause, according to politico.com.
- Republican gubernatorial nominee and Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino labeled Andrew Cuomo "the most corrupt governor in history" on Wednesday and called for an expedited investigation in light of a New York Times investigation that revealed Cuomo staffers interfered with the Moreland Ethics Commission.
- Westchester Community College student Sadia Romain was honored at the Harlem YMCA's National Salute to Black Achievers in Industry Dinner.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant School Board Member Wins Seat As Write-In Candidate
- 2 Mount Pleasant Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 4 Thornwood's License 2 Grill Provides Tips On Grilling The Perfect Burger
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit