MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and Valhalla last week:
- New York State Police charged a 43-year-old man with driving while intoxicated following an accident on Friday, July 18 on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Mount Pleasant, officials said.
- Westchester County Executive and GOP gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino issued a pointed response on Tuesday to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's comment that Astorino's campaign was a lost cause, according to politico.com.
- Republican gubernatorial nominee and Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino labeled Andrew Cuomo "the most corrupt governor in history" on Wednesday and called for an expedited investigation in light of a New York Times investigation that revealed Cuomo staffers interfered with the Moreland Ethics Commission.
- Westchester Community College student Sadia Romain was honored at the Harlem YMCA's National Salute to Black Achievers in Industry Dinner.
- 1 State Police Warn Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York