PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. - The mother of the three girls killed nearly four years ago when Diane Schuler drove the wrong way down the Taconic State Parkway is speaking out publicly for the first time.
Jackie Hance, whose daughters Emma, 8; Alyson, 7; and Katie, 5, were killed in the July 2009 accident that also claimed the lives of Yonkers father and son Michael and Guy Bastardi and their friend Daniel Longo as well as Schuler and her own daughter, was interviewed by NBC's Ann Curry.
The interview with Hance and her husband, Warren, will air Friday on TODAY as well as on "Rock Center" With Brian Williams at 10 p.m.
“I’m their mom, and supposed to protect them, and I didn’t,’’ NBC said Hance told Curry. “It’s just hard not to blame yourself.’’
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Westlake High School Valedictorian Encourages 'Acts Of Kindness'
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl