MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- Mount Pleasant State Assemblyman Tom Abinanti sent a letter on Thursday, April 10, to Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Thomas Madison, executive director of the New York Thruway Authority, calling for dedicated car-only lanes on the new Tappan Zee Bridge.
- Westchester County residents may notice an increase in the presence of law enforcement personnel over the holiday weekend, as counter-terrorism efforts are stepped up around Passover and Easter.
- Single-family home prices in Westchester climbed 16.5 percent and sales increased 19.4 percent in the first quarter of 2014, compared with the same period in 2013.
- Visiting Nurse Services in Westchester will honor community leaders from New Rochelle, White Plains and Hawthorne as part of its Spring Benefit Gala on Thursday, May 15, at Sunningdale Country Club in Scarsdale.
- 1 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Valhalla Man Denied Parole In Wife's Murder
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Mount Pleasant