MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- Mount Pleasant State Assemblyman Tom Abinanti sent a letter on Thursday, April 10, to Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Thomas Madison, executive director of the New York Thruway Authority, calling for dedicated car-only lanes on the new Tappan Zee Bridge.
- Westchester County residents may notice an increase in the presence of law enforcement personnel over the holiday weekend, as counter-terrorism efforts are stepped up around Passover and Easter.
- Single-family home prices in Westchester climbed 16.5 percent and sales increased 19.4 percent in the first quarter of 2014, compared with the same period in 2013.
- Visiting Nurse Services in Westchester will honor community leaders from New Rochelle, White Plains and Hawthorne as part of its Spring Benefit Gala on Thursday, May 15, at Sunningdale Country Club in Scarsdale.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant School Board Member Wins Seat As Write-In Candidate
- 2 Mount Pleasant Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies