MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- Mount Pleasant State Assemblyman Tom Abinanti sent a letter on Thursday, April 10, to Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Thomas Madison, executive director of the New York Thruway Authority, calling for dedicated car-only lanes on the new Tappan Zee Bridge.
- Westchester County residents may notice an increase in the presence of law enforcement personnel over the holiday weekend, as counter-terrorism efforts are stepped up around Passover and Easter.
- Single-family home prices in Westchester climbed 16.5 percent and sales increased 19.4 percent in the first quarter of 2014, compared with the same period in 2013.
- Visiting Nurse Services in Westchester will honor community leaders from New Rochelle, White Plains and Hawthorne as part of its Spring Benefit Gala on Thursday, May 15, at Sunningdale Country Club in Scarsdale.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 5 Mount Pleasant Home Sales Soar 17 Percent In Third Quarter