MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- Mount Pleasant State Assemblyman Tom Abinanti sent a letter on Thursday, April 10, to Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Thomas Madison, executive director of the New York Thruway Authority, calling for dedicated car-only lanes on the new Tappan Zee Bridge.
- Westchester County residents may notice an increase in the presence of law enforcement personnel over the holiday weekend, as counter-terrorism efforts are stepped up around Passover and Easter.
- Single-family home prices in Westchester climbed 16.5 percent and sales increased 19.4 percent in the first quarter of 2014, compared with the same period in 2013.
- Visiting Nurse Services in Westchester will honor community leaders from New Rochelle, White Plains and Hawthorne as part of its Spring Benefit Gala on Thursday, May 15, at Sunningdale Country Club in Scarsdale.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Mount Pleasant Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Westlake High School Girls Basketball Coach Mayer Gets 100th Career Win