MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- Mount Pleasant Police are searching for two men who allegedly robbed six businesses in Thornwood on Tuesday, Feb. 25.
- The Fencing Academy of Westchester in Hawthorne recently earned medals at the 2014 Junior Olympics in Portland, Ore.
- Westchester parents were disturbed by news of heroin reportedly being found last week in the faculty bathroom of a Hudson Valley elementary school, which added extra security Monday.
- A recent study by TRIP, a national transportation research group said that deficient roads and bridges throughout New York State costs motorists an additional $20.3 billion statewide annually due to higher vehicle operating costs, traffic crashes and congestion-related delays.
- Bedford resident Kerry Kennedy was found not guilty of driving while impaired by drugs.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 A Look At How Mount Pleasant’s School Bond Will Affect Taxpayers
- 4 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola