MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- Mount Pleasant Police are searching for two men who allegedly robbed six businesses in Thornwood on Tuesday, Feb. 25.
- The Fencing Academy of Westchester in Hawthorne recently earned medals at the 2014 Junior Olympics in Portland, Ore.
- Westchester parents were disturbed by news of heroin reportedly being found last week in the faculty bathroom of a Hudson Valley elementary school, which added extra security Monday.
- A recent study by TRIP, a national transportation research group said that deficient roads and bridges throughout New York State costs motorists an additional $20.3 billion statewide annually due to higher vehicle operating costs, traffic crashes and congestion-related delays.
- Bedford resident Kerry Kennedy was found not guilty of driving while impaired by drugs.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant School Board Member Wins Seat As Write-In Candidate
- 2 Mount Pleasant Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies