MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and Valhalla last week:
- Westlake High School's graduation rate for the 2013-14 school year was perfect, a sign that the district's schools, administration and faculties are performing consistently to support students, according to the schools superintendent's year-end report.
- A Briarcliff Manor woman was arrested on the Taconic State Parkway on a charge of misdemeanor driving while intoxicated, New York State Police said.
- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man, Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge, according to LoHud.com.
- People who are thinking of moving to Hudson Valley can find out 30 things that every person must know before moving there, according to a report by Movoto Real Estate.
- 1 Thornwood's License 2 Grill Provides Tips On Grilling The Perfect Burger
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 5 Surge Of Warm Weather Will Arrive In Mount Pleasant