MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and Valhalla last week:
- Westlake High School's graduation rate for the 2013-14 school year was perfect, a sign that the district's schools, administration and faculties are performing consistently to support students, according to the schools superintendent's year-end report.
- A Briarcliff Manor woman was arrested on the Taconic State Parkway on a charge of misdemeanor driving while intoxicated, New York State Police said.
- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man, Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge, according to LoHud.com.
- People who are thinking of moving to Hudson Valley can find out 30 things that every person must know before moving there, according to a report by Movoto Real Estate.
- 1 Westlake High School Valedictorian Encourages 'Acts Of Kindness'
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed