MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- The Town of Mount Pleasant is considering two proposals for Individual Residential Alternatives within the Town of Mount Pleasant submitted within the past month.
Town Supervisor Joan Maybury posted a notice to the community concerning two notifications about two residential properties to be developed as homes for individuals with disabilities.
"We understand it is somewhat unusual for a town (rather than a city) to receive dual notifications," Maybury said in a statement. "We also understand six homes are currently being developed in Westchester County at this time and moving through the Padavan or approval process. Mount Pleasant has two of the six."
A public hearing is scheduled for Tuesday at 8 p.m. in the Town Hall on the application related to 659 Belleview Ave., Thornwood, N.Y.
Another public hearing will be scheduled for Tuesday, March 25, related to 330 Bear Ridge Road, Pleasantville.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 A Look At How Mount Pleasant’s School Bond Will Affect Taxpayers
- 4 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola