MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- The Town of Mount Pleasant is considering two proposals for Individual Residential Alternatives within the Town of Mount Pleasant submitted within the past month.
Town Supervisor Joan Maybury posted a notice to the community concerning two notifications about two residential properties to be developed as homes for individuals with disabilities.
"We understand it is somewhat unusual for a town (rather than a city) to receive dual notifications," Maybury said in a statement. "We also understand six homes are currently being developed in Westchester County at this time and moving through the Padavan or approval process. Mount Pleasant has two of the six."
A public hearing is scheduled for Tuesday at 8 p.m. in the Town Hall on the application related to 659 Belleview Ave., Thornwood, N.Y.
Another public hearing will be scheduled for Tuesday, March 25, related to 330 Bear Ridge Road, Pleasantville.
- 1 Westlake High School Valedictorian Encourages 'Acts Of Kindness'
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed