MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and Valhalla last week:
- Three Westlake High School cheerleaders , Sophia O'Halloran, Kaitlyn Sementa and Diane Zambardi have earned the honor to participate in the world famous London New Year’s Day Parade.
- Jennifer Czarniecki, a Mohegan Lake resident who was crowned Mrs. Westchester in January, was arrested and charged with stealing from the group home where she worked, according to Investigator John Rodriguez of the New York State Police.
- The amber alert issued by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department just before 11 a.m. Tuesday was rescinded after the child was found unharmed.
- New York State Police conducted a sobriety checkpoint Sept. 19 that resulted in 10 vehicle and traffic charges, one seat-belt violation and one DWI.
- A child who lives in a long-term care facility in Westchester and suffers from numerous chronic medical conditions has been diagnosed with EV-D68, the first such diagnosis in Westchester or Putnam, according to a report on LoHud.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.