MOUNT PLEASANT AND VALHALLA, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- Mount Pleasant has appointed Lt. Paul Oliva Jr. as acting police chief following the arrest of Chief Brian Fanelli on child pornography charges.
- Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli was taken to Putnam Hospital after police found him in a reported suicidal state after being charged with possession of child pornography on Thursday, Jan. 23.
- A Metro-North employee is being charged for the Tuesday morning alleged sexual assault that stopped a New Haven bound train at the Fairfield station for more than 45 minutes.
- Byram Hills High School Student Jessica Occhiogrosso recently received the Acorda Scientific Excellence Award for her research project on curing degenerative disc disease.
- 1 Voters Reject Mount Pleasant’s $55.8M Bond For Schools In Strong Turnout
- 2 Mount Pleasant Secretary Looking For Dog That Went Missing In Yorktown
- 3 IRS Warns Mount Pleasant Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway