WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Former New Rochelle High School star Ray Rice, an All-Pro running back for the NFL's Baltimore Ravens, was arrested after allegedly being involved in a physical altercation with his fiancee, Janay Palmer, in Atlantic City, N.J., on Saturday, according to a police report.
According to police, the two struck each other with their hands, and Palmer was also arrested. Both were charged with simple assault, according to the police report. You can view the police report here.
The 27-year-old Rice was released on his own recognizance, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice returns to New Rochelle each year to run his Ray Rice Day summer camp and continues to support educational programs efforts in his hometown.
Rice set rushing records at Rutgers University before being drafted by the Ravens in 2008. He has made three Pro Bowls.
Rice has rushed for 6,180 yards and 37 touchdowns over six NFL seasons.
Rice and Palmer, 26, have been together since 2008, according to slimcelebrity.com.
Read the Baltimore Sun report here.
- 1 Westchester Native Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Taconic State Parkway Crash Causing Delays