PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- An environmental group recently proposed a ban on single-use plastic bags to the village Board of Trustees, according to theexaminernews.com.
The group claimed that about 435 million plastic bags are used in Westchester and surrounding areas each year and that only 4-8 percent are properly recycled, theexaminernews.com reported.
Some Westchester municipalities have already implemented a ban, including Rye and Hastings-on-Hudson, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 2 Mount Pleasant's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Scarsdale Man, 34, Charged With DWI On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Mount Pleasant's Communication Signals