PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- An environmental group recently proposed a ban on single-use plastic bags to the village Board of Trustees, according to theexaminernews.com.
The group claimed that about 435 million plastic bags are used in Westchester and surrounding areas each year and that only 4-8 percent are properly recycled, theexaminernews.com reported.
Some Westchester municipalities have already implemented a ban, including Rye and Hastings-on-Hudson, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Valhalla School District Will Be Closed, MPCSD Will Have Early Dismissal
- 2 Thornwood Resident Accused Of Offering To Drop Parking Ticket For Sex
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Mount Pleasant On Wednesday
- 4 Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Mount Pleasant Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday