PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- An environmental group recently proposed a ban on single-use plastic bags to the village Board of Trustees, according to theexaminernews.com.
The group claimed that about 435 million plastic bags are used in Westchester and surrounding areas each year and that only 4-8 percent are properly recycled, theexaminernews.com reported.
Some Westchester municipalities have already implemented a ban, including Rye and Hastings-on-Hudson, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Valhalla Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Route 117 In Pleasantville
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed