PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- An environmental group recently proposed a ban on single-use plastic bags to the village Board of Trustees, according to theexaminernews.com.
The group claimed that about 435 million plastic bags are used in Westchester and surrounding areas each year and that only 4-8 percent are properly recycled, theexaminernews.com reported.
Some Westchester municipalities have already implemented a ban, including Rye and Hastings-on-Hudson, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Pleasant, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Pleasant; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Mount Pleasant Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Hawthorne-Cedar Knolls Will Have Delayed Opening
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell