PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- An environmental group recently proposed a ban on single-use plastic bags to the village Board of Trustees, according to theexaminernews.com.
The group claimed that about 435 million plastic bags are used in Westchester and surrounding areas each year and that only 4-8 percent are properly recycled, theexaminernews.com reported.
Some Westchester municipalities have already implemented a ban, including Rye and Hastings-on-Hudson, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Pleasant
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester