MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla last week:
- Joseph Palumbo has been named the new principal of Pleasantville High School. Palumbo, who is currently principal of Brookfield High School in Brookfield, Conn., is replacing Daniel McCann, who was interim principal following the resignation of Dawn Bartz.
- Route 9A was reopened in Mount Pleasant following an accident between the southbound Saw Mill River Parkway and Dana Road on Tuesday afternoon.
- Four people died in a fire Wednesday morning in a Tampa, Fla., home owned by Yonkers native and retired tennis player James Blake, according to multiple news sources.
- Two Yonkers men and 14 others were arrested Thursday after a major multiagency investigation took down a drug ring that stretched from New York City north through Westchester and the Hudson Valley to the Newburgh area and seized large amounts of cocaine and marijuana, according to the Westchester District Attorney's Office.
- 1 Kensico Dam In Valhalla Launches July 4 Festivities Friday
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash