PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville-based Hope's Door presented its annual "Shining Star Scholarship" to Westlake High School senior Sarah Fiegura, according to the Examiner News.
Fiegura received the award during the 30th annual Women’s Hall of Fame and Scholarship luncheon, according to the report. Fiegura received a $2,000 scholarship and was recognized for "her outstanding leadership as president of the Westlake High School chapter of Students Terminating Abusive Relationships (STAR), a peer leadership program sponsored by Hope’s Door that promotes healthy relationships based on equality, trust and respect," according to the Examiner News report.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 3 A Look At How Mount Pleasant’s School Bond Will Affect Taxpayers
- 4 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Mount Pleasant On Wednesday