PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville-based Hope's Door presented its annual "Shining Star Scholarship" to Westlake High School senior Sarah Fiegura, according to the Examiner News.
Fiegura received the award during the 30th annual Women’s Hall of Fame and Scholarship luncheon, according to the report. Fiegura received a $2,000 scholarship and was recognized for "her outstanding leadership as president of the Westlake High School chapter of Students Terminating Abusive Relationships (STAR), a peer leadership program sponsored by Hope’s Door that promotes healthy relationships based on equality, trust and respect," according to the Examiner News report.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Sprain Brook Parkway Checkpoint Results In 12 Charges
- 5 Approval Of Valhalla School Building Sale Tops Week's News