PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville-based Hope's Door presented its annual "Shining Star Scholarship" to Westlake High School senior Sarah Fiegura, according to the Examiner News.
Fiegura received the award during the 30th annual Women’s Hall of Fame and Scholarship luncheon, according to the report. Fiegura received a $2,000 scholarship and was recognized for "her outstanding leadership as president of the Westlake High School chapter of Students Terminating Abusive Relationships (STAR), a peer leadership program sponsored by Hope’s Door that promotes healthy relationships based on equality, trust and respect," according to the Examiner News report.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Mount Pleasant, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Mount Pleasant; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Westchester Schools Postpone SAT Exams Due To Inclement Weather