PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville-based Hope's Door presented its annual "Shining Star Scholarship" to Westlake High School senior Sarah Fiegura, according to the Examiner News.
Fiegura received the award during the 30th annual Women’s Hall of Fame and Scholarship luncheon, according to the report. Fiegura received a $2,000 scholarship and was recognized for "her outstanding leadership as president of the Westlake High School chapter of Students Terminating Abusive Relationships (STAR), a peer leadership program sponsored by Hope’s Door that promotes healthy relationships based on equality, trust and respect," according to the Examiner News report.
- 1 Westchester Native Mark Zuckerberg Announces He's Will Be A Dad
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 4 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire
- 5 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies