BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- A group of Briarcliff Manor girls who play on the Perfect Touch Soccer Academy U12 squad advanced to the championship game of the prestigious NY Cup tournament with a 1-0 shutout semifinal win over the NY Rush on Saturday, May 10.
The Perfect Touch squad is led by key Briarcliff players Bridget Richer (Captain), Karina Zielinski, Julia Barbalato, Maya Celaj, Katy Burns, Anna Ketron, Emma Smoler, and Camryn Jaeger.
“These are an amazing bunch of girls who work very hard and are determined. Having a core group of Briarcliff girls playing together at this high level in championship games as young as 11 and 12 will give them the big game experience and exposure to help them in HS soccer.” Coach Owen Scully said in a statement. “It’s great to see these girls embrace competition and experience all it has to offer.”
The New York Cup is a year-long, statewide premier level soccer competition to determine the best teams from U9-U18.
- 1 Valhalla School District Will Be Closed, MPCSD Will Have Early Dismissal
- 2 Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Parking Officer From Thornwood Out On Bail In 'Sex For No Ticket' Charge
- 4 Mount Pleasant Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Winter Wonderland Transforms Mount Pleasant's Kensico Dam