BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- A group of Briarcliff Manor girls who play on the Perfect Touch Soccer Academy U12 squad advanced to the championship game of the prestigious NY Cup tournament with a 1-0 shutout semifinal win over the NY Rush on Saturday, May 10.
The Perfect Touch squad is led by key Briarcliff players Bridget Richer (Captain), Karina Zielinski, Julia Barbalato, Maya Celaj, Katy Burns, Anna Ketron, Emma Smoler, and Camryn Jaeger.
“These are an amazing bunch of girls who work very hard and are determined. Having a core group of Briarcliff girls playing together at this high level in championship games as young as 11 and 12 will give them the big game experience and exposure to help them in HS soccer.” Coach Owen Scully said in a statement. “It’s great to see these girls embrace competition and experience all it has to offer.”
The New York Cup is a year-long, statewide premier level soccer competition to determine the best teams from U9-U18.
- 1 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 4 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 5 Valhalla's Taylor Fox Wins Silver, Bronze Medals At Gymnastics Championship